Rent a golf cart in Myrtle Beach, Where to find Golf Carts Dealers in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach Events
Myrtle Beach Shopping
Myrtle Beach Bars - Nightclubs
We Have The Myrtle Beach View
Myrtle Beach Restaurant Reviews
Myrtle Beach Resort Reviews
Myrtle Beach News
Golf Cart Dealers, Golf Cart Rentals Golf Carts in Myrtle Beach, Rent a golf cart in Myrtle Beach, Golf Cart Rules in Myrtle Beach
Buy a used cart from one of the many golf courses in Myrtle Beach or find a place to play after you get a cart.
Using a golf cart for transportation in Myrtle Beach is cheap and a fun way to get around while on vacation. See the full list of Put-Put, Miniature Golf in Myrtle Beach.
Section 56-2-105 - Golf cart permit and the operation of a golf cart
(A) For the purposes of this section, "gated community" means any homeowners' community with at least one access-controlled ingress and egress which includes the presence of a guard house, a mechanical barrier, or another method of controlled conveyance.
(B) An individual or business owner of a vehicle commonly known as a golf cart may obtain a permit decal and registration from the Department of Motor Vehicles upon presenting proof of ownership and liability insurance for the golf cart and upon payment of a five dollar fee.
(1) During daylight hours only, a permitted golf cart may be operated within four miles of the address on the registration certificate and only on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less.
(2) During daylight hours only, a permitted golf cart may be operated within four miles of a point of ingress and egress to a gated community and only on a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less.
(3) During daylight hours only, within four miles of the registration holder's address, and while traveling along a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less, a permitted golf cart may cross a highway or street at an intersection where the highway has a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five miles an hour.
(4) During daylight hours only, a permitted golf cart may be operated along a secondary highway or street for which the posted speed limit is thirty-five miles an hour or less on an island not accessible by a bridge designed for use by automobiles.
(C) A person operating a permitted golf cart must be at least sixteen years of age and hold a valid driver's license. The operator of a permitted golf cart being operated on a highway or street must have in his possession:
(1) the registration certificate issued by the department;
(2) proof of liability insurance for the golf cart; and
(3) his driver's license.
(D) (1) A golf cart permit must be replaced with a new permit every five years, or at the time the permit holder changes his address.
(2) Golf cart owners holding golf cart permits on or before October 1, 2012, will have until September 30, 2015, to obtain a replacement permit.
(E) A political subdivision may, on designated streets or roads within the political subdivision's jurisdiction, reduce the area in which a permitted golf cart may operate from four miles to no less than two miles. However, a political subdivision may not reduce or otherwise amend the other restrictions placed on the operation of a permitted golf cart contained in this section.
(F) The provisions of this section that restrict the use of a golf cart to certain streets, certain hours, and certain distances shall not apply to a golf cart used by a public safety agency in connection with the performance of its duties.
Popular Myrtle Beach Deals!